Airport Fire Chief
The Susquehanna Area Regional Airport Authority at the Harrisburg International Airport, a small hub airport in Central Pennsylvania, is seeking applicants for the position of Airport Fire Chief. The person in this position will direct on-airport firefighting, rescue, fire prevention, and EMS activities and operations and work closely with mutual aid fire departments. The Airport Fire Chief is responsible for developing recommendations for the protection of life and property for Harrisburg International Airport. The Airport Fire Chief prepares the departmental budget and ensures compliance with FAR 139 criteria for Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF). This position will also respond to and take lead in emergency incidents including, but not limited to aircraft, airport buildings and property, facilities, vehicles, medical, hazardous materials, and other incidents endangering life and/or property.
- Five years fire service leadership experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Fire Science, Public Administration, or related focus
- Ten years of Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF) experience
- Ten years structural firefighting experience
- Successful completion of 50 hours of ARFF training in the last 2 years
- Fire Instructor certification
- Firefighter I and II Certification (DOD, IFSAC, or Pro Board)
- ARFF Certification
- Hazardous Materials – Operations Level
- ICS-100, ICS-200, ICS- 700, ICS-800, ICS-300 certificates.
- Current EMT Certification (PA, or able to obtain PA certification within 90 days) or above with EMSVO Certificate.
- PA State Driver’s License (or out-of-state driver’s license with the ability to get PA license within 30 days).
- The ability to pass a 10-year background and criminal investigation in order to be issued an Airport Identification Badge.
- The ability to pass a medical physical meeting the requirements of the most recent edition of NFPA 1582 – Standard on Comprehensive Occupational Medical Program for Fire Departments.
Starting Salary range for Airport Fire Chief is $70,000.
Applications will be accepted until midnight on Sunday, October 1, 2017 and can be found on our website at www.flyhia.com under the “About HIA” tab and then the “Careers” tab or apply in person to:
Human Resources Manager
Susquehanna Area Regional Airport Authority
One Terminal Drive
Middletown, PA 17057
Fax (717) 948-4640