Numerous Options for Family and Friends.
Meeting passengers at HIA is easy and fast. We offer several options to give you a better experience.
Dropping Off & Picking Up Passengers
- You may drop off and pick up passengers in front of the terminals at HIA, or you may park in our convenient cell phone parking lot to wait for an arriving flight.
- You may also park in short-term parking and accompany them as far as the Security checkpoint. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) only allows ticketed passengers beyond the Security checkpoint.
- Special arrangements can be made with the airline for special situations, such as young children flying alone or passengers who need assistance. Contact your airline for further details.
- You may meet arriving passengers on the second floor of the terminal building between the food court entrance and the Security checkpoint.
- The best place to meet is in the “meet and greet area” on the second floor of the terminal, the area marked by the large mosaic star on the floor.
Cell Phone Waiting Lot
- We provide a convenient cell phone waiting lot where you can wait for arriving passengers for up to 30 minutes for free. When you get the call that your passengers have claimed their bags in the baggage claim area, simply drive around to the terminal for pick-up.
- Vehicles may not be left unattended in the cell phone lot or along the curb in front of the terminal.